SHC had the pleasure of having Chef Wendell stop by to teach staff about healthy eating, how to make the perfect smoothies & steps to boost your immunity to colds & the Flu. He has been an on-air contributor for WISH TV in Indianapolis for 14 years & has a popular weekly TV segment viewed by 1,000’s. He is the author of: ”Eat Right Now: The End of Mindless Eating” & ”Eat Right Now 2.0: It’s All About the Food.” For more about Chef Wendell, visit his website at chefwendell.com
Chef Wendell told staff to, “Love yourself & make health a priority”. Here are just a few of the steps that the SHC staff learned, in regards to helping keep a cold and the flu away:
- Take a vitamin D-3 supplement every day.
- Get as much sunlight as you can, which will help you synthesize more vitamin D.
- Get regular exercise to boost circulation & immune strength.
- Eat more fresh produce & create meals that are rich in pungent spices.
- Wash hands frequently.
- Get plenty of sleep.
- Drink more “live” vegetable juices and blended smoothies.
- Break the sugar addiction. Sugar has been proven to shut down your immune system.